7 years ago
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
One more dance under our belts
Saturday we had another MCYC dance. It took us four hours to set up .... again. At one point I yelled at one of the kids and told him if he picked up that ball again I was going to stab it with a knife. Later I told another that if he made that noise with the megaphone again I would shove it down his throat! What a good role model for today's youth, right! Well we finally got set up right in time for dance instruction. We go through that just fine. We were having trouble with the volume on our amp but we thought maybe it was just the high ceilings in the gym. Well about 3 songs into the dance the music started sounding pretty bad. By 5 songs we had nothing but bass. We were losing kids at that point. We call for another amp and we got our dance going again. In the end we had about 130 kids. I don't know how many left. But all in all it was a fun dance. We had a cha cha and swing competition. Jessi and David won the cha cha contest. No I wasn't the judge! We also played a couple of hip hop songs on a trial basis. Apparently only about 8 kids knew how do dance to it because the rest did the boot scoot boogie! The Boot Scoot Boogie to "Church". Ok even I was disgusted! Even I am not that out of touch!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I sure think you are doing a great job with the youth council. The dances are such good places for kids to hang out. Sorry about the amp problems. Did you ever figure out what was wrong with the first one you were using?
Post a Comment