7 years ago
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Come What May and Love It
My mind is shot. I mean it. I can't remember half of what I have to do. I live with my phone. I put everything in it and have it ring and tell me what I have to do. Everything except sunday. I don't take it to church. So my week was totally full. I worked 1 1/2 hours early every day, drove to 0 hour at 5:40 am and something else I can't remember on monday, made treats and soccer games on tuesday, drove to the Temple, soccer game and scouts on wednesday, volunteered at school and fixed a formal for a girl in our ward on thursday, got up at 4:30 and sewed a May day dress for a girl, went to work, set up for the dance, fixed Jessi's dress for May Day, DJed the dance, cleaned up the dance, and started to sew Shonee's dress on friday, finished Shonee's dress at 3:15 saturday morning, fell in bed, woke up at 6, fixed Jessi's hair, fixed Shonee's hair, got keys for the sound system to those that needed them, attended May Day, Enjoyed May Day dinner at Mom's, collapsed in bed that night, Got up happy, went to church, was enjoying Sunday School, noticed we had 5 minutes left..........and rembered that I had to teach Relief Society (no manual, it was the presidency message). Panicked, grabbed the President, ran to the library to find something to teach, couldn't find any Ensign's past 2007, Grabbed the Octobor Conference DVD, saw the talk "Come What May and Love it", giggled uncontrollably, took the DVD and the last TV, couldn't get in the RS room, set up in the hall, couldn't get it to work, waited while 6 teenage boys got it to work, got into RS, tried to get ready to conduct, realized we didn't have any music, remembered taking a call on thursday (while sewing) that I needed to get music substitutes, found someone to play, piano wouldn't work, plugged it in, started the meeting and gave my "lesson". I told about Amy's "Come What May and Love it" story, told of Jessi rolling down Old Main Hill in a formal, told of May Day and rain and still having a great day, watched the real talk on the DVD, told of leaving Justin in Moab, and gave my testimony, then went home and collapsed again. Incidently we were released from the RS presidency the next week. Do you think this had any thing to do with it? Oh well, "Come what may and love it!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is too funny! Even forgetting about your lesson went well with the topic of your lesson. Hmm...maybe if I try that one they'll release me...might have to give that a try!
I love all the pictures you're posting. The kids have just completely grown up. Jessi looks so beautiful!
So much for life slowing down when your kids are all in school. It's amazing how much busier it gets when you are just trying to keep up with everything the kids are doing. Add in a husband's schedule to keep track of and your own commitments and it's just insane. Under the circumstances, I am amazed that you are keeping up as well as you are. Who hasn't left a kid behind at least once right? Right?
Post a Comment